Book a Test
Before applying for your driving test online:
- Verify that you are eligible to sit your test—6 month rule.
- Make sure you have taken the mandatory lessons for certain motorcyclists (IBT) or car drivers (EDT).
- Know your current, valid driver number.
- Know your PPS number—this can be found on tax documents or your pay slip and it is often on correspondence from a social welfare or tax office.
- You must have a valid debit or credit card (Visa and Mastercard are currently accepted).
- If you are applying by post payments can be made by cheque, postal order or bank draft.
We aim to have a national average waiting time for a driving test of no longer than 10 weeks. Our ability to meet this target depends on the number of applications received. Accordingly, the average waiting time in driving test centres may vary above or below this 10-week target.
The current average waiting time for a Category B (car/light van) driving test, per test centre, based on the waiting times of applicants who had a test appointment during the last 4 weeks, are available here.
Please note: The average waiting time is an average of current waiting times for applicants at each Test Centre. Applicants will have waiting times both longer and shorter than the average. The longest waiting time per Test Centre is also shown in the table below.